StandardCDC is a project to enable customers on Standard Edition SQL Server (2005 or above) to implement data capture in a manner conceptually equivalent to the Change Data Capture feature in SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition.
StandardCDC captures data manipulation language (DML) changes for a specified table and stores the results in a relational format. The capture table mirrors the column list of the tracked object, with options for storing only specific columns.
The following objects are created as part of the installation:
- Stored procedures for enabling/disabling functionality at database and table level
- Meta data tables for tracked objects
- SQL Agent job purging data on defined schedule
- DDL trigger for notification of table changes
- Schema named "utility"
- User defined function for splitting an array
- Number table (used by above function)
If you have questions please start a post in "Discussions" or contact me through my blog at http://whitneyweaver.com